How to Take Care of Orchids – Their orchids can remain showy and healthy with few chemicals, as revealed by Aosp’s director of public relations, Elza Kawagoe. Just take some homemade ingredients, such as cinnamon powder and coconut soap, and be aware of the signs the plant gives. Here are some lessons:
How to Take Care of Orchids
- Prefer clay pots to plastic ones. Although they are more expensive, the former has more porosity and drain water better. If you opt for plastics, keep an eye on the watering to avoid overfilling the plant.
- If the base of the orchid is less than a finger of the mouth of the pot, it is necessary to change it to a dwelling. Try to leave it two fingers high below the mouth of the vessel.
- To accommodate it in the new pot, note which side the new buds appear on – this is the front of the orchid. The back should be pressed against one side of the vessel to support the development of the specimen.
- For vase exchange, add coconut fiber or moss chips to the plant. The latter must be washed with water to remove excess sand.
- Before cutting the orchid, sterilize the scissors (with a portable torch or on the stove). Allow to cool and then use. Important: Repeat the operation before handling another orchid to prevent transmission of disease.
- When discarding a sheet, pass cinnamon powder at the cut site. The ingredient is a natural healing.
- Stains on the foliage can be softened with rope smoke. Boil the smoke in water for one hour until it turns into a concentrated solution, which must be diluted in water. Spray over the leaves repeatedly until it works.
- Cochineals and aphids can be eliminated from leaves with coconut soap. Use a brush to scrub the leaves.
- Notice the coloring of the foliage. If it is dark, chafoliage. ocation orchid. The more you contact the light, the more it will bloom.
- Install platelets plastic identification in your orchids. In addition to the name of the species, note the period of its last flowering. The next flowering can be stimulated with NPK 10 30 20, which has more concentration of phosphorus.