What are the Benefits of Eating Pineapple?
What are the Benefits of Eating Pineapple – Pineapple is a juicy citrus fruit that is part of the botanical Bromeliaceae family. The pineapples have a strong spicy flavor and are widely used in many kitchens. They are usually consumed raw, or in the form of juice and milkshake. The pineapple is rich in nutrition, being an excellent source of carbohydrates and food fibers. Furthermore, the pineapple contains a large quantity of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, calcium, iron, and sodium. Pineapple provides only 50 calories per 100 grams of your consumption. Read more about the benefits of pineapple for health!
The advantage of pineapple for digestion: The pineapple As mentioned earlier, are rich in vitamin C. This helps in generating digestive juices that will disintegrate the food particles. Bromelain is a type of enzyme present in pineapple that helps to break down the protein particles. They are known to act as a neutralization agent and therefore avoid the acidity in the stomach. It is advisable to eat pineapple when a person is suffering from irritable bowel syndrome and flatulence because it helps soothe the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines.
Pineapple prevents cold, cough and flu: Due to its large quantity of vitamin C, the pineapple becomes quite beneficial in preventing influenzas and colds. The bromelain present in pineapple has properties that suppress coughing and can help loosen the mucus. Also, bronchitis and asthma can be prevented by their consumption due to thinning of mucus and obstruction of bronchi. Pineapple, along with honey is recommended for a person who has sore throats.
Pineapple strengthens the bones: The pineapple contains magnesium, which helps in strengthening the bones. These minerals help in the construction of the bones and connective tissues. It also contains vitamin C, which aids in preventing various bone diseases and has anti-inflammatory properties. The calcium content is also quite adequate in pineapple. Thiamine and biotin present in pineapple are also helpful to make the bones stronger.
Pineapple to heart Benefit: pineapple should be consumed by patients who have heart-related diseases. Bromelain is an enzyme present in pineapple that helps decrease the viscosity of the blood. This helps in the easy circulation of blood through the body avoiding traces of heart and heart attacks.
Pineapple protects against macular degeneration: The pineapple contains beta-carotene, which helps the eye retinas. Studies made found that pineapple consumption can significantly reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
Other pineapple benefits for health
- The bromelain present in the pineapple has anti-inflammatory properties and thus helps in preventing arthritis and joint pain.
- Skin diseases such as acne, rosacea, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis and can be prevented by their consumption due to anti-inflammatory properties.
- Immunity can be increased with the consumption of pineapple because it is a good source of vitamin C, which will help in the fight against various microbial diseases.
- Minerals like potassium help to control blood pressure and heart rate.
- The pineapple is rich in copper, which plays an important role as a cofactor in the synthesis of red blood cells.
- The pineapple had antioxidant properties due to the presence of vitamin A and proved to be effective in protecting against lung and oral cancer.